Casper College is located in Casper, Wyoming near the geographic center of the Cowboy State.
The college became Wyoming’s first junior college in 1945 and was initially located on the third floor of Natrona County High School. The first fall enrollment was 73. As enrollment continued to climb, the college hired more faculty and expanded its curricular offerings and its facilities to meet the demands of steady growth.
The first step in the development of the Casper College campus was the construction of the Liesinger Administration Building and a vocational unit on a 30-acre tract in 1955. In 1960 a second major building, Saunders Science Center, was constructed west of the Administration Building to house art and science classes. Through the cooperation of the City of Casper and the State of Wyoming, additional acreage was acquired, increasing the campus to its current size of 125 acres.
Residence halls were built beginning in 1963: Bailey Hall, Morad Hall and McIntire Hall. The College Center, which provides facilities for student activities and services, was built at the same time.
In 1966 five new academic structures were approved by voters, including the Goodstein Foundation Library, the "Swede" Erickson Thunderbird Gymnasium, the Werner Technical Center, the classroom addition to the Liesinger Administration Building and the Aley Fine Arts Center.
The Ida Goodstein Visual Arts Center, completed in 1979, contains a gallery for student, faculty, and traveling exhibitions, along with studios, darkrooms and offices.
The Myra Fox Skelton Energy Institute houses electronics, engineering technology, water quality technology and computer graphics facilities.
The Ben Roberts Commons, built in 1980, provides food service facilities and a ballroom convocation room.
The Loftin Life Science Center, made possible by gifts from citizens of the community, houses classrooms and laboratories.
The Tate Geological Museum provides classrooms and a museum for the interpretation of fossils, minerals and related energy technologies. There is also a fossil preparation laboratory.
The Grace Werner Agriculture Pavilion, built in 1980, has offices, classrooms, animal preparation areas and an animal show ring.
Wheeler Terrace contains 18 two-bedroom apartments and the Civic Apartments house 12 single-bedroom units. The Inga Thorson Terrace consists of eight two person units.
Business and related courses are taught in the Harry T. Thorson Institute of Business, built in 1983.
The Werner Wildlife Museum, a gift from the Herman Werner family, houses wildlife specimens from Wyoming, Alaska and Africa plus an extensive bird collection.
The McMurry Career Studies Center, built in 1983, is a complex of shops and classrooms for instruction related to automotive service and repair, diesel and natural gas power.
The maintenance building contains modern shops and storage space and is the shipping and receiving point for the campus.
A significant new addition to the Goodstein Foundation Library was completed in 1990.
In September of 1994 the new 54,000 square foot Wold Physical Science Center was dedicated, and in 1995 significant renovations to the Saunders and Loftin buildings were finished.
In 2000, the Erickson Gymnasium received a facelift and a new fitness center was added to the south side of the building.
The Barbara and Leland Scifers Dance Studio was the centerpiece of a renovation and expansion of the Gertrude Krampert Theatre in 2003. In addition to the dance studio, the facility also houses a black box theatre and communication classrooms and offices. That same year, the college opened the Doornbos Student Lounge in the Administration Building, completed a renovation of the College Center, now known as the Strausner Student Center, and added the Doornbos Agricultural Annex.