Agriculture Teaching Philosophy
The Casper College Agriculture Department’s teaching philosophy can best be summarized through our mission statement, goals, philosophy and pedagogy.
Departmental Mission Statement
The Agriculture Department emphasizes the worth of the individual student and focuses on areas of career education and academic performance for the transfer student. The department strives to enable and encourage the student to excel and fulfill their potential while gaining knowledge and skills essential in today’s changing agricultural world.
- To inspire and educate each and every student.
- To promote the transferability of those students seeking Bachelor’s Degrees.
- To tool students for a career choice after completion of course work.
- Recruit and retain the best students interested in Agriculture from across Wyoming and the United States.
- Utilize our athletic (Rodeo) and academic competition (Livestock Judging) to promote the department and college.
Teaching philosophy and pedagogy of the department
The teaching philosophy of the Agriculture Department is to ensure that students receive the direct teaching in the classroom that they need and to promote the hands on, lab teaching needed for agriculture.