Realignment Vision Statement
The implementation of a Dean structure at Casper College and the subsequent realignment of Divisions will provide the organizational leadership necessary for our future growth and success.
As a result, we will:
- Enhance communication.
- Streamline the administrative system.
- Stabilize the academic leadership of the institution.
- Preserve the connections between the academic leadership and our faculty.
- Have more equitable workloads for the academic leadership team.
- Increase the availability of our academic leaders for consultation.
- Have a greater consistency in policy implementation across our academic units.
- Clarify the reporting lines within our academic units.
- Provide our academic leadership with a title commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Offer additional leadership opportunities for those who are so inclined.
The links below are in chronological order of the documentation outlining the Realignment Process and the communication between the faculty, the Realignment Committee, the Office of Academic Affairs, and the institution as a whole regarding the proposed realignment.
|Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes, September 15, 2008
||Dean Subcommittee (Realignment Committee), January 14, 2009
|Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes, October 13, 2008
||Dean Subcommittee (Realignment Committee), January 21, 2009
|Faculty Senate Special Session Minutes, November 3, 2008
||Garth Shanklin (Realignment Committee Chair) Dean Screening Process Notes
|Faculty Senate Special Session Minutes, November 10, 2008
||Position Opening Announcement (Academic Dean)
|Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes, November 17, 2008
||Realignment Committee Meeting Minutes, January 28, 2009
|Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes, December 8, 2008
||Realignment Structure, Updated January 29, 2009
|Realignment Committee Meeting Minutes, December 11, 2008
||Realignment Committee Meeting Minutes, February 4, 2009
|Realignment Committee Meeting Minutes, December 17, 2008
||Dean Selection Committee Letter from Garth Shanklin, February 6, 2009
|Casper College Alignment Retreat Report, January 6, 2009
||Email to Dean Screening Committee Chairs from Judith Kirk, February 9, 2009
|Realignment Committee Notes, January 9, 2009
||Email to Campus - Tentative Timeline for Dean Selection Process, February 17, 2009
|Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes, January 12, 2009
||Email to Campus - Selection of 4 of the 5 Academic Deans, March 17, 2009
|Realignment Structure, January 13, 2009
||Email to Campus - Selection of the Interim Dean for School of Science, March 19, 2009